Defeated

>> Thursday, July 3, 2008

Yes, defeated - for now at least. Our quest to find a HFCS-free hamburger or hot dog bun at our Albertsons was a failure. Every last bun option had HFCS in it. Very discouraging. We're not ready to make the leap to hamburgers without the traditional bun, so tonight we're breaking the rules and having a HFCS containing bun. We're still hopeful that our local health food grocery will have a HFCS-free hamburger or hot dog bun. The search continues - hopefully not in vain!

2 comments:

Elisa July 19, 2008 at 6:28 AM  

I was actually surprised to read that hamburger buns had HFCS. Why??? I have tried to make an effort to limit the amount of HFCS in what I drink - juices, sodas, or whatever else sweet - and I basically ended up cutting all of that out. I drink juice that only lists concentrates on the label, water, and milk, oh, and unsweetened iced tea. Good luck with the search!

Anonymous April 25, 2010 at 1:38 PM  

I buy Nature's Own Honey Wheat, no HFCS.

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP