A treat from Kraft - HFCS free Bullseye BBQ sauce!

>> Monday, October 27, 2008

Remember last week when I asked what your favorite HFCS-free BBQ sauce was? One commenter mentioned that Bullseye Barbecue Sauce, made by Kraft, is now HFCS free. I think that needs to be celebrated!


If you look back at one of my first posts, you'll see that Bullseye was one of the HFCS-containing foods in our pantry that we got rid of. So, since June of this year, Bullseye has been reformulated to be HFCS free. Woo hoo!

What caused the reformulation? I don't know, but the fine people at Kraft are making a really big deal out of the lack of HFCS in Bullseye. Take a look at the top label proudly proclaiming, "Now High Fructose Corn Syrup Free!" Perhaps Kraft realized that there is a market for foods that don't contain HFCS - especially since there are painfully few BBQ sauces that are HFCS free.


Bullseye is back in our pantry! We made pulled pork sandwiches late last week and enjoyed having a little Bullseye on them. They have five flavors for your tasting pleasure. We used their new Hickory Smoke flavor and thought that it was tasty.

Kudos to Kraft! And take that, Corn Refiners Association!

17 comments:

Anonymous October 27, 2008 at 9:42 AM  

Kudos is right! Thanks!

Lori October 27, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

Yay! That is good news. I like Bullseye. Ooooo! I hadn't seen the Guiness version. Love me some Guinness!

Hopefully that labeling system will become popular with companies as the (honest) word about HFCS gets out.

Anonymous October 27, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

I'm with Lori, I didn't realize there was a Guinness version which the programmer would totally love. Even better that it is now HFCS free (though he also likes Stubbs).

Anonymous October 27, 2008 at 10:43 AM  

Nice. stickin it to the CRA. I like it. I'm gonna have to try this stuff. thanks for the info.

Meg October 27, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

That is SO exciting. I hope more food companies follow their lead!

Anonymous October 27, 2008 at 2:02 PM  

and kudos to you for telling me about it.

Id not seen!

Anonymous October 27, 2008 at 6:33 PM  

Thanks for the heads up! I had been looking for a BBQ sauce without HFCS. I know it's a little corny (dare I say that?) but I wrote an e-mail to Kraft thanking them for offering a HFCS-free alternative.

cathy October 28, 2008 at 7:43 AM  

Casey - I'm just as corny. I sent them an e-mail just before writing this post. Gotta celebrate the small victories and congratulate the companies that make the leap!

Rachel October 29, 2008 at 9:15 AM  

Mmmm, YAY! That's my sauce of choice now!

Cynthia1770 October 29, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

Hi and Thank you!
I'm sharing the good Bullseye
news with www.stophfcs.com which
lists foods and beverages that are HFCS-free.

cathy October 30, 2008 at 6:43 AM  

Cynthia1770 - Fantastic! The more we spread the word, the better!

Miss. Marie July 12, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

I bought some too!

Anonymous October 2, 2012 at 5:42 PM  

Unfortunately, the last 2 bottles I bought contained HFCS..I think they have regressed and added it again. I am very disappointed because this was easily attainable and a good price. Going to email the company and complain!

Anonymous October 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM  

Kraft had changed their recipe again and added HFCS back into all Bullseye BBQ sauces.

Anonymous November 28, 2012 at 3:11 PM  

I am VERY disappointed in Kraft for adding the HFCS...will no longer be using Bulls-eye..and I really loved it

Anonymous December 22, 2012 at 10:07 AM  

Yep, I am disappointed as well when the newest bottle I purchased had HFCS right there near the top of the ingredient list. The website still claims HFCS-free. Tell everyone you know!

Anonymous May 28, 2013 at 7:08 AM  

I wrote to Kraft and they don't seem to care. We have switched to other brands. Thankfully more companies are taking HFCS out so it is not too hard to find. I wonder how many people Kraft still has duped into believing it is HFCS free?

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP