My Family Doctor's Small Steps for Health Contest

>> Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Last week James Hubbard's My Family Doctor magazine had a Twitter contest. (If you've not heard of Twitter, it's a social networking site.) In the contest, they asked Twitterers to answer the question, "What small steps are you taking for your health?" Participants "tweeted" through the day with responses. Now, the general public gets to vote on their favorite small steps for health tips!

There are eight general categories, including "Favorite Overall Tweet," "That's easy! Tips I'd most likely incorporate," and "Favorite Stress Tip." The winner of each category will get two subscriptions to My Family Doctor magazine, and the runner up also gets a free subscription. You can vote on your favorite tip in each category through this Wednesday. There are lots of great tips, so make sure you go check them out!

I really had a lot of fun submitting tips for this contest. Best of all, my tips are finalists in four of the categories!


If you haven't visited this site before, you're really missing out. Dr. Hubbard and the rest of the My Family Doctor staff do an excellent job of presenting current medical issues in an informed and objective way. Heard about a medical study on the news? Head to My Family Doctor to get the skinny on it. Their blog is on my daily must-read list.

So, what are you waiting for? Head on over to James Hubbard's My Family Doctor and vote for your favorite tip in each category! (Better yet, vote for me! Less_Sweet, of course!)

10 comments:

fatfighter October 28, 2008 at 6:18 AM  

I will check out your tips and give you my vote! Congrats on being a finalist!

Anonymous October 28, 2008 at 7:29 AM  

Great tips, cathy. Congrats!

Lori October 28, 2008 at 7:57 AM  

You got my votes. ;)

Anonymous October 28, 2008 at 9:24 AM  

That is one of my favorite sites a fantastic idea with the contest!

Anonymous October 28, 2008 at 11:40 AM  

I voted. Great ideas Cathy!

Anonymous October 28, 2008 at 11:42 AM  

Don't know how I submitted that last comment as anonymous. My blogger comments have been acting strange on lots of blogs.

Anonymous October 28, 2008 at 1:12 PM  

Awesome tips, Cathy! And congrats on being a finalist in so many categories. Now I need to integrate all the great advice into my life.

Anonymous October 28, 2008 at 2:14 PM  

Yes, I like Dr. Hubbard! A very knowledgeable man with a great website!

Anonymous October 28, 2008 at 3:21 PM  

thanks so much for the positive feedback. It means a lot.

And so many great tips.

Casafarmacia December 29, 2021 at 2:34 PM  

Find more details and information on healthy nutrition and connection between overweight and health disorders in our medical article: Problemas de Salud Generados por la Obesidad

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP