Friday links

>> Friday, November 21, 2008


Time to pass a little love to some of the links that I've enjoyed through the week.

Do you take a lot of different medications? Or maybe have a parent or loved one that does? Then read this post! Musings of a Distractible Mind talks about the dangers of overmedication and gives great pointers on how to avoid problems when taking multiple medicines.

I love reading about different food ingredients and how they work together in cooking. Accidental Hedonist dissects the Toll House cookie recipe and explains each ingredients roll in the final product. Good stuff!

Liz Rosembaum has a great article on a subject near and dear to my heart - boycotting the clean plate club. As a parent, I often find that the dance between making sure my kids try good healthy foods while still maintaining their ability to stop eating when they're full (an ability I have long since lost, unfortunately) can be a difficult one. Check out her post for good tips for how to get back that ability as an adult.

Last is this really interesting publication (ok, in a very geeky, food science kind of way) from the American Council on Science and Health on the natural carcinogens lurking in your Thanksgiving dinner. The article isn't bashing Thanksgiving dinner, but it is eye opening!

6 comments:

Anonymous November 21, 2008 at 1:18 PM  

Thanks for the links...time to check them out! Have a nice weekend!

Anonymous November 22, 2008 at 3:32 PM  

Loved the links

Thanks

Anonymous November 22, 2008 at 4:26 PM  

Cathy - I've been meaning to ask:

Did HFCS-free go out the window for Halloween? Did you allow the kids whatever candy they got?

J

Anonymous November 24, 2008 at 8:39 AM  

I hope you had a fantastic weekend!

Munchkins and Music November 24, 2008 at 9:41 AM  

I'll check them out! I love new links. :):)

cathy November 24, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

Jehnie - We did NOT go HFCS-free for Halloween. The kids got candy, and I didn't even bother to check to see if their candy had HFCS in it or not. For one thing, those little candies rarely have the ingredients on them. For another, it was Halloween, and I felt totally fine making an exception for it. They got a TON of candy, but fortunately they quickly forgot about it. I'd say 90% of their Halloween candy is now sitting in a bag at the top of my pantry - out of sight, out of mind!

But, I did make sure that the candy I gave out didn't have HFCS in it!

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP