Another company drops HFCS!

>> Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Oroweat rocks! Oroweat is removing HFCS from its entire line of products. They realize that many of their customers are removing HFCS from their diet and want to keep their customer base happy.

Oroweat marketing director Dan Larson had this to say:

"We continuously monitor studies regarding HFCS and its health implications. Even though there are differing opinions among the experts, more and more of our consumers have told us they do not favor high fructose corn syrup. It was a significant project, and we're now pleased to provide our products without HFCS."

Apparently many of Oroweat's breads were HFCS-free before the switch, but you can now buy any Oroweat bread with confidence that it is HFCS free. YES!

10 comments:

Anonymous November 4, 2008 at 9:04 AM  

Hooray for oroweat!

Anonymous November 4, 2008 at 9:52 AM  

Excellent. I will check them out.

Anonymous November 4, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

Awesome! I hope they have hamburger buns b/c I have such a hard time finding HFCS free versions.

Anonymous November 4, 2008 at 3:26 PM  

Nice! Good to see companies stepping it up for better health.

Anonymous November 5, 2008 at 3:28 AM  

WOW.

can we credit you for some of this?

;)

Anonymous November 5, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

Good news! thanks for the update!

Anonymous November 6, 2008 at 2:08 PM  

Anya,
Yes, the Oroweat hamburger buns ARE HFCS-free. Please, check them out!!

fatfighter November 6, 2008 at 9:48 PM  

Yay! I have always loved Oroweat! Now I love them even more. :)

cathy November 7, 2008 at 7:38 AM  

MizFit - Sure! I'll take the credit! ;-)

I'm going to have to search for Oroweat buns now. I don't know that my stores carry them!

Hil November 12, 2008 at 5:17 PM  

I'm glad to see this because I heard Wheat Montana (the bread I suggested to you earlier) went out of business! Now I buy this bread only!

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP