Good stuff from around the blogosphere

>> Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring break is winding down here and so is my blogging break!  To wade back into the swing of things, here are a few recipes that caught my eye the last couple of weeks.  I can't wait to try these!

Our Best Bites has a  Breakfast taquitos recipe that looks fantastic!  I think that this will make a great Meatless Monday meal next week!  Their baked chicken taquitos are also fantastic.

Do your kids like zucchini?  Mine typically don't.  Who can blame them?  They can have a slimy texture when cooked and they have a pretty distinct flavor that can be an acquired taste.  Never fear! Itty Bitty Bistro has a recipe for Zucchini Nuggets that is sure to make a zucchini lover out of any kid (or adult for that matter)!  My kids are also crazy about these Zucchini Sticks from Cooking Light.  We serve them with a side of jarred marinara to dip in.

Apples and Butter has a great looking Herbed Salad Dressing that I can't wait to try!

Weelicious has a great looking recipe that combines fruit and pancakes to make little breakfast bites.  My daughter will love their Banana Bites.  I'll probably substitute strawberry or apple for the banana for my son.

Serious Eats has a very yummy looking wings recipe.  Their Soy-Dijon Chicken Wings make my mouth water!

Last, a great looking one-ingredient ice cream.  The ingredient?  Frozen banana!  Just stick it in a food processor to make what tastes like soft serve banana ice cream.  I first saw this idea at Choosing Raw, but I've since seen it (along with a good prep tip) at Our Best Bites.  My parents have tried this and assure me that it is fantastic.  I still haven't tried it, but I have some banana in my freezer just waiting to be used (unless my dear husband snags it for his smoothies again)!

2 comments:

Blake April 14, 2010 at 12:38 PM  

Those taquitos look good! Thanks for posting those links!

Sagan April 14, 2010 at 5:16 PM  

Try putting frozen banana in the food processor with a bit of cocoa powder- chocolate ice cream! SO DELICIOUS.

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP