Meatless Mondays - Pumpkin muffins, one more time

>> Monday, August 24, 2009

I've already done a couple of posts on pumpkin muffins, but my kids like them so much that I'm going to do one more with the latest incarnation of the recipe.

To recap, I don't like pumpkin. Shocking, no? I am nothing if not picky! So, I was a bit flabbergasted when my son came home from preschool last fall begging me to make pumpkin muffins. Seems they made them a couple of times in his preschool class, and he loved them. So, knowing how good pumpkin is for you (you can read about that in my original post), I decided I would give it a go for him. I found a recipe at Smitten Kitchen and modified it a bit, and then a bit more, and then more still. My final recipe really bares so little resemblance to the original recipe, which I'm sure was absolutely delicious as it was, that I'm calling it my own. But thanks to Smitten Kitchen for getting me started!

So, how do they taste? They're very moist, and the kids gobble them up. Although they have as much pumpkin as flour in them, they don't have a heavy pumpkin flavor. The flavor of the pumpkin pie spice (substitute cinnamon if you can't find pumpkin pie spice) is the dominant flavor. My kids, as I've said, love these. Even better, their friends love these. (My son told me that every time he brought my pumpkin muffins as his preschool snack, a friend of his who loved these muffins made a point to pick the muffin crumbs off the floor at clean up time...and eat them. I'm flattered, but ew!) There is just something about these muffins that makes them a kid magnet.

And they're great for adults too! I cook them as mini-muffins (portion control), but they'll do just as well as regular muffins, just increase the cooking time a bit. I can have a pan of muffins made in less than 30 min in the morning. Fast, easy, tasty, and good for you! Give these a try for breakfast or a snack sometime!


Pumpkin Muffins

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups packed pumpkin (from a 15-oz can - be careful not to get a can of pumpkin pie filling!)
1/3 cup olive oil
2 large eggs
2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 F. Line mini-muffin pan with muffin cups.

Mix together pumpkin, oil, eggs, pumpkin-pie spice, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl until smooth. Mix together flour and baking powder and add to the pumpkin mixture. Mix until just combined.

Add batter to each muffin cup so that each cup is about 3/4 full. Bake until puffed and golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean, about 18-20 min. Makes about 3 dozen.

If you don't have white whole wheat flour on hand, you can use regular whole wheat flour for a final product with a slightly wheatier taste or change the flour proportions to 3/4 cup all-purpose flour and 3/4 cup regular whole wheat flour.

12 comments:

Bill Medifast August 24, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

Pumpkin muffins are always so delicious. I prefer making them with fresh pumpkin, but this is not something I can always do.

Lori August 25, 2009 at 3:00 PM  

Those look great. I am a huge pumpkin fan, actually. :) I'm really looking forward to another round of pumpkin recipes from all my foodie/health blogger friends!

KellieS August 27, 2009 at 3:01 PM  

Everybody is talking about pumpkin muffins...now I really want some! These sound yummy and healthy.

Wendy @unsafeatanysize August 29, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

I LOVE pumpkin muffins! I've made them with splenda to make them even lower in calories. I wonder if there's a way to make them with all natural sweeteners?

Jehnie B August 31, 2009 at 6:33 AM  

We finally made these this weekend. You're right everyone loved them. And a lot less pumpkin flavor than I expected. Mark did say they had a fair amount of sugar. Any way to cut that a bit?

cathy August 31, 2009 at 6:50 AM  

g.n.a.t. - You should try just cutting back on the sugar until you find the amount that works for you. The original recipe calls for double what I use! I think that you're right - it probably would be fine with even less sugar than I call for. Maybe that will be the next permutation of this recipe for me!

fatfighter August 31, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

I still cannot believe you don't like pumpkin! :) I love, love, love it and these look really good. Thanks for sharing!

www.e3d.es November 29, 2011 at 5:57 AM  

Really worthwhile data, much thanks for the post.

شركة الماسة November 11, 2016 at 12:39 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
شركة الماسة November 11, 2016 at 12:40 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
abdel hak mahmoud October 28, 2018 at 8:48 AM  

افضل شركات تنظيف وعزل خزانات المياه
أقسام خدماتنا في الخزانات ما هي أبرز الخدمات التي تقوم بتقديمها قسم تنظيف الخزانات القيام بتنظيف الخزانات الحديثة القيام بالغسيل الدورى للخزانات القيام بأعمال تطهير الخزانات عقب الصيانة لماذا نحن أحسن مؤسسات غسيل ونظافة الخزان ما هي الأساليب التي تعتمد عليها مجال نظافة الخزان من الأدوات المستخدمة فى مجال نظافة وغسيل الخزانات .
شركة عزل خزانات بالقصيم

وعند مستهل التنظيف لا مفر من القيام بالآتى أفضل الخدمات التي تقوم بتقديمها تطهير الخزانات الأرضية مؤسسة تطهير خزانات وكيفيه القيام بأعمال تطهير الخزانات مؤسسة تطهير خزانات وكيفيه القيام بأعمال تعقيم الخزانات أبرز الإرشادات المقدمة من المؤسسة طريقة تطهير خزانات المياه البلاستيكية ما هى أبرز التعليمات الخاصه بتنظيف الخزانات مؤسسة تطهير خزانات وتطهير خزان المنزل كيفيه القيام بتنظيف الخزانات الحديثة لماذا نحن أفضل مؤسسة تطهير خزانات المنزل غسيل خزانات مياة الشرب ما هى أبرز أشكال الخزانات ما هى أبرز أجزاء الخزانات المائية

عزل خزانات المياه بالطائف

مؤسسات تطهير خزانات المياه ما هى ضرورة القيام بأعمال تطهير الخزانات

ما هى أبرز مدد تطهير الخزانات اسعار تطهير الخزانات أبرز المحددات والقواعد الموثوق عليها فى اختيار العاملين اجراء مجموعه من الفحوصات المتميزة بهدف التحقق من صلاحيه العاملين للقيام بأعمال تطهير الخزانات مثل القيام بالأتى مؤسسة تطهير خزانات وما هى أبرز الأدوات المطهرة الموثوق عليها فى تطهير الخزانات كما تتخصص المؤسسة فى إجراءات عزل الخزانات على نحو متميز ؛فالشركة تعتمد على الموضوعات الأتيه أساليب تطهير خزانات المياه كيفيه القيام بأعمال تطهير الخزانات ما هى أبرز الأدوات الخاصه بأعمال تطهير الخزانات

شركة عزل خزانات بالخرج

تطهير خزانات المياه كيفيه اتمام أفعال مؤسسة تطهير خزانات مؤسسة تطهير خزانات وكيفيه غسل الخزان الحديث كيف تحدث إجراءات غسيل الخزانات لأخذ فكرة عن المزيد من الخدمات والعروض المقدمة من مؤسسة تطهير خزانات نتشرف بكم في زيارة صفحات خدماتنا مؤسسة تطهير خزانات بالتعقيم مؤسسة تطهير خزانات افضل اسعار مؤسسات نظافة تنظيف وتعقيم خزان الماء الارضي في مع العزل مجربة ومضمونة للاستحواز على اعلى جودة للمياه مؤسسة تطهير خزانات نحن مجموعة مؤسسات نتشرف بخدماتكم علي مدار اليوم مجموعة العمل مستعد لتلبية طلباتكم وسيقوم مستوظف خدمة الزبائن بالاستجابة علي حضراتكم.

شركة تنظيف خزانات بالقصيم

Admin November 12, 2021 at 7:00 PM  


افضل شركات نقل العفش مع الفك وتركيب والتغليف بافضل الخامات بالاضافة الى تعقيم الاثاث والسيارات المجهزة لنقل العفش من خلال شركة انوار الحرمين المتميزة فى هذا المجال من سنوات طويلة اكسبتها الخبرة والمصداقية
اهم الخدمات التى تقدمها شركة انوار الحرمين فى مجالات نقل العفش

شركة نقل عفش بالطائف

شركة نقل عفش بتبوك

شركة نقل عفش بالرياض

شركة نقل عفش بخميس مشيط

شركة نقل عفش بالقطيف

شركة نقل عفش بحفر الباطن

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP