R.W. Knudsen Sparkling Essence review

>> Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Have you missed me? I've been away at a delightful family reunion in Colorado (we're actually originally from Mississippi, but who wants to meet in Mississippi in the middle of summer? Not me!) and didn't have my act together enough to have posts ready for you.

To get back in the swing of things, let me tell you about this new drink from R.W. Knudsen. I was fortunate enough to win a four pack of every flavor of the new R.W. Knudsen Sparkling Essence drink thanks to This Mama Cooks! on a Diet. The drink comes in four flavors - lemon, blueberry, mint, and cucumber.


What are these drinks? As their name suggests, they're simply carbonated spring water ("sparkling" water) with various essences for flavor and a little citric acid (as a preservative, I suspect). NO added sugar! NO fruit juice! It's a true flavored water. Take a look at the ingredients for the cucumber Sparkling Essence:


Carbonated spring water, organic brewed lemon extract, organic natural cucumber extract, organic lemon juice concentrate, citric acid

Ok, ok, so there is actually a little juice in there. Still, it's minimal. This is not a sickly-sweet, fruit-juice flavored water. I'm impressed with the ingredients in each of the drinks. Very simple and flavorful.

But how does it taste? The flavors are true. The blueberry and lemon flavors are not overpowering. The cucumber flavor, on the other hand, is really intense - but not in an unpleasant way. The mint has a pleasant spearmint flavor.

My son is hooked on these already. He is not a huge fan of "bubbly" drinks, but he really enjoys these. He's a big fan of the blueberry and cucumber flavors. I'm tickled pink that he likes these. Now I've got a sugar-free carbonated drink option for him that I don't feel the least bit bad about him drinking. Woo hoo!

Me? I'm on the fence. When I first tried one last night, I didn't care for it at all. I'm not a fan of sparkling water in general, though. I've given each flavor a try since then, and while it's not a drink that I would necessarily turn to (because it's sparkling), the flavors are actually quite good. The cucumber and mint are my favorites, which really surprises me. If they sold this drink in a non-sparkling variety, I think that I would be all over it.

That said, I will buy this when I see it in our store. Not necessarily for me, but for my kids and their company. If you like sparkling water, I would definitely recommend that you give this a try!

21 comments:

Kara June 25, 2009 at 6:14 AM  

Those are really interesting flavors! I'm not a bubbly drink kind of person (unless it's champagne ;-), but I do like to get sparkling waters to have on hand for company. These look all fancy, so I'll keep an eye out for them at my store.

Sagan June 25, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

I'm generally not a fan of sparkling water but I'm interested in this- anything all-natural grabs my attention!

Catherine June 25, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

They look like they would be expensive. Do you know the cost? I think I would prefer water - cheaper and easier. Then again, I've never been a big fan of soda.

Amy June 25, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

I may have to try this. I was just looking around this morning for a low calorie soft drink that didn't have aspartame! I couldn't find ANY!

LA June 25, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

You've peaked my interest. I'd like to try the blueberry one. Sounds fun. Thanks for the great review.

Leigh Ann Otte
Managing Editor
My Family Doctor magazine

cathy June 26, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

Catherine - I got mine free (yay!), so I don't know the cost. I suspect that they're not cheap, though.

Lori June 26, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

Oh, I would probably love these. I love the fact that there are no sweeteners. I'm crazy about sparkling water.

And, yes, I did miss you. Ha, ha. I would have picked Colorado too!

fatfighter June 27, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

Yum - I love these! My faves are the blueberry and lemon.

Are you gone again?????

cathy June 27, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

Fatfighter - Still here. Hard to get back into the swing of things - unpacking and all of the summer activities get in the way.

James Hubbard, M.D., M.P.H. June 30, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

I do like sparkling water so I am going to give these a try.
Thanks

Michelle September 6, 2012 at 10:09 AM  

Thanks so much for the post, really effective data.

Cyntia Clara May 7, 2014 at 12:03 AM  

Hrmm that was weird, my comment got eaten. Anyway I wanted to say that it's nice to know that someone else also mentioned this as I had trouble finding the same info elsewhere. This was the first place that told me the answer. Thanks.
Berita blackberry terbaru | Tips game

Unknown October 26, 2014 at 9:30 PM  

This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article spesifikasi dan harga ponsel electric goods turn out to be one of the standard needs that needs to be owned by simply you can view within hargamesinterbaruku. Additionally, while using the electric goods we could spend less electricity along with create the entire body balanced, well being data could you realize within situsmedis that includes a good deal to deliver well being data, beyond just the most recent data exclusive dna can easily look at seribuinfounik.wordpress.com data or touch screen phone most recent present within info smartphone terbaru but it is additionally even now a great deal of web sites in which go over the most recent data for example infosekarang.tumblr.com. Not to ever neglect right now barnag electric data for example mesin jahit is quite significantly in the look for for the vital functions for organizations such as the one particular within usahasekarang.weebly.com. Currently work work turns into easier on account of mesin absensi that may spend less time and effort. An data ought to be dispersed to help people similar to within fullsharing.bravesites.com specially with regards to concerns concerning kesehatan. Besides had been the information technological innovation, while shown within sharingfull.blogdetik.com is ideal within reading through for information on smartphone android have become rising in use across the world.

Accredited GED Online January 15, 2015 at 12:21 AM  

Really important written content. the information that you shown is hard to faith and many superbly i liked the way you afford things here.

High School Diploma Online January 23, 2015 at 3:11 AM  

Good post you have posted here Thanks for sharing

Unknown April 7, 2015 at 10:13 PM  

It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed. You have provided great information in your post.Cortinas de Cristal Marbella

Unknown April 7, 2015 at 10:19 PM  

It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed. You have provided great information in your post.Cortinas de Cristal Marbella

Anonymous August 29, 2015 at 7:23 AM  

harga kulkas polytron 1 pintu

harga kulkas polytron 2 pintu

harga kulkas sharp 1 pintu

harga kulkas sharp 2 pintu

harga ps 4 terbaru

harga ipod nano terbaru

harga pc/komputer rakitan terbaru

harga rice cooker terbaru

harga mesin cuci sanken terbaru

harga mesin cuci lg terbaru

harga xbox 360 terbaru

harga pompa air sanyo terbaru

harga mobil rc drift terbaru

harga sepeda listrik terbaru

harga tv led dan lcd murah

Unknown October 6, 2015 at 5:09 AM  

I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff of your blog. A must read!!!!
home depot plant warranty
home depot carpet warranty
home warranty policy

Unknown July 28, 2016 at 2:54 AM  

I am just pretty happy to sign up ones own guestbook these days,Your own feedback and listed below are excellent in my opinion,incidentally I should say also definitely will teach some great supplements for your needs every.Pinjaman Peribadi

zameer January 17, 2022 at 10:39 PM  

SHREE SAI PACKERS AND MOVERS
#18/3, 30ft road,, sri krishna colony,
kuduregere main road,, alur post,
Bangalore,
https://shrisaimovers.com/

Packers and movers bangalore
Packers and movers bangalore
Packers and movers bangalore

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP