Friday links

>> Friday, February 6, 2009

It's time once again to share just a few of the many blog posts that I've enjoyed this week!

Let's start with that perennial favorite, James Hubbard's My Family Doctor. Do you know about radon? I do, but I must admit that we haven't had our house tested for radon. Thanks to My Family Doctor's informative post on radon this week, I got my act together and got a deal on a short term radon detection kit through my state's radon program at the same time. Check it out!

Crunchy Chicken is having a Food Waste Challenge. It's a great idea that has me thinking about how much food we waste - more than I would like to admit. I plan to work on using as much of the food that we buy as possible. It makes sense in so many ways!

And another crunchy blogger for you - Crunchy Domestic Goddess regularly has informative and thought-provoking posts. I'm putting her on my must-read list!

Last, I want to share links to a couple of recipes that we made this week that get two thumbs up from the adults and children in this house. What's for Lunch featured a recipe for Coconut Cashew Chicken Satay Skewers (whew! That's a mouthful!) recently, and they are really delicious! The only thing I'll change next time is to set a bit of the marinade aside as a dipping sauce. We paired the satay with some steamed broccoli and Vegetable Pakoras from Cooking Light for a great meal.

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous February 6, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

Thanks Cathy,

I just read about non-smoking woman with lung cancer who found radon levels in house way too high. You don't know if you don't check

Anonymous February 6, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

Great links, thanks for them! I've got some new blogs to check out :)

Lori February 7, 2009 at 5:15 AM  

Thanks for sharing about the food waste reduction. I saw that pic on another blog and meant to look into it. Hope you have a great weekend!

Anonymous February 8, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

It still amazaes me about how many wonderful blogs are out there that I have yet to discover!

Thanks for the links.

Anonymous February 9, 2009 at 6:15 AM  

Fantastic links! I hope your weekend was awesome!

fatfighter February 9, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

Yum - those vegetable pakoras looks delish!

https://signinoutlook.weebly.com/ December 10, 2018 at 11:44 PM  

Many thanks for the exciting blog posting! Simply put your blog to my favorite list and will look forward for additional updates.

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP