Meatless Monday - A roundup of some of our favorites

>> Monday, January 10, 2011

It's been a while since I've had a Meatless Monday post, but that isn't because we've abandoned the idea.  I simply haven't developed any new recipes lately and have been coasting on old favorites.  I thought that today I would reminisce about some of our favorite Meatless Monday meals.  These meals are a few of many that I turn to over and over again.

The meatless meal I turn to the most?  Frittata!  It's so easy and a great way to use up leftovers from the fridge.  The variation that I make the most is a simple frittata with potato, onion, and cheese, but any vegetable is at home in a frittata.  For dinner tonight, I have a Roasted Vegetable Frittata in the oven (recipe compliments of The Parsley Thief).

Super easy frittata with broccoli, potato, onions and cheese.
These amazing Quinoa Burgers are on the menu for later this week.  I'm not a fan of fake meat in general, but these are an exception.  They have a meaty flavor thanks to the portobellas, but the texture of the quinoa and overall flavor sets it apart.  It's a veggie burger that doesn't try to be fake meat.  I'll probably pair this burger with these interesting Oven-Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries from Babble Food.
Quinoa burgers are just as tasty as leftovers.
Ah, pizza - a joy for kids and parents alike.  Use a good crust and high quality ingredients, and pizza becomes something you don't feel guilty feeding your kids.  We had my Fantasma pizza last week.  The kids had a homemade cheese pizza, but my daughter finally discovered that she really likes the Fantasma too.
Fantasma Pizza
I have a thing for dumplings.  Not the kind that you find floating in a dish of chicken and dumplings, but dough filled with good stuff.  Think gyoza or calzones.  Think Corn and Cheese Empanadas and Baked Vegetable Wontons.  Make extra and freeze for a handy lunch or dinner some night when you don't feel like cooking.
Baked Vegetable Wontons are easy and delicious and freeze well too!
There are so many more wonderful meatless dishes that I could share again!  Nachos, rice and beans, pasta...I'll save those for another Monday.  In the meantime, don't be afraid to set the meat aside for a day, and if you can't commit to going meatless for a whole day, then spread it over a week.  It's easier than you think, and your stomach and taste buds will thank you!

4 comments:

'Drea January 10, 2011 at 7:36 AM  

Everything looks good. I'm really interested in trying the Quinoa Burgers and I've been looking, a bit lazily I admit, for new recipes.

Thanks.

Amy January 10, 2011 at 1:41 PM  

It all looks so delicious! You MUST have an eye for photography ;)

Sagan January 12, 2011 at 1:02 PM  

Going meatless can be amazingly delicious :)

obat herbal polip hidung May 6, 2015 at 9:46 PM  

very nice article

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP