Will you watch? The Olympics and other stuff worth looking at

>> Friday, February 12, 2010

The Winter Olympics start this weekend!  Living in a place that is snowbound much of the year and home to several past winter Olympic atheletes, I have a thing for the winter Olympics.  And this year there is a little extra buzz in the area as several US and French Olympic skiers are in my area - skiing on my hill! (though admittedly on runs that I do not ski) - as their last training/racing stop before the Olympics. 

A lot of the competitors have been training their entire lives for this one opportunity.  If you want to follow and support Team USA, head on over to TeamUSAnews.org.  You can register through the site and get the latest info and exclusive updates throughout the games.






Do you have an old ipod just collecting dust?  The Autism Alliance or MetroWest in Natrick, MA is collecting old ipods to repurpose to autistic children and adults with sensory issues who could really benefit from the sensory isolation that an ipod can offer.  Read more about the program here.  And read more about how an ipod can help those with autism at MOM - Not Otherwise Specified.

 Finally, a few recipes that I'm drooling over.

  • Homemade goat cheese from Kiss My Spatula.  That's right.  It looks surprisingly easy to make, and as I am crazy for goat cheese, this is a must try for me! 
  • Indian Lental and Rice Pancakes compliments of Vegan Dad.  I'm not the biggest bean fan (to put it mildly), but these really look good to me.
  • Chicken Enpanadas from Short Stop.  I love my corn and cheese empanadas.  These chicken empanadas don't look difficult and even come with a good looking empanada dough recipe!

5 comments:

Lori February 12, 2010 at 10:01 AM  

I love the Olympics, especially the winter ones. I think people have forgotten how much effort goes into being such an elite athlete. These people are amazing and they aren't on a ball field making ridiculous amounts of money either! :)

I loved that goat cheese recipe. I really want to try it too.

Amy (Super Healthy Kids) February 12, 2010 at 4:00 PM  

I love the winter olympics. Every summer we go up to Park City and watch the jumpers practice "skiing" down a ramp and doing aerials in the air and land in the pool .. with their ski's on! It's sooooo awesome!!

Sagan February 13, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

I won't be watching- used to be an Olympics fan but not anymore. The Indian lentil/rice pancakes look wonderful! I'm definitely going to try those.

For the goats cheese recipe, could a "cheese" be made with another kind of milk, do you think? Or is goat's milk super thick or something?

Mark Martinez February 15, 2010 at 3:52 AM  

I'm an Olympics fan but I quit cold weather. Okay, other than wakeboarding. I'd like to see X-Games on a bigger scale though.
Mark Martinez,
Is the hypergain effect for real?

jess March 1, 2010 at 3:24 AM  

thanks so much for mentioning the freedom project! i really appreciate it!

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP