Blogging with a purpose

>> Monday, March 9, 2009

I started this blog last June to motivate my family as we gave up HFCS. It's turned into more since then. This blog is still motivational to me, but it's also become educational as well. I've learned so much about the food we eat since starting this blog thanks to questions from all of you as well as my own exploration of food issues that I'm curious about. It's also been rewarding interacting with all of you that read this blog. Your comments and e-mails are encouraging, enlightening, educational, and keep me from being complacent.

Lori at Fake Food Free recently bestowed upon me the Blogging with a Purpose award. Thanks, Lori! I'm honored! And if you're not reading Fake Food Free, you really should check it out. From stevia to cashew fruit - and everything in between - Lori is a knowledgeable and easily understandable source.


Now I get the pleasure of passing along this award to a couple of deserving blogs.

Living Healthy in the Real World - Sagan discusses all kinds of health issues in her quest to live as healthy a life as possible.

James Hubbard's My Family Doctor - Dr. Hubbard's blog demystifies the various medical studies that we're bombarded with daily. Turn here for a common sense discussion of the latest medical study or scare.
Last, A Life Less Sweet has made it into another list - Top 100 Healthy Mom Blogs! I'm enjoying discovering more blogs - like Health Begins with Mom. Check it out!

6 comments:

VRaz60 March 9, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

I'm glad I found your blogspot. I'm new to blogging so reading about some of your favorite bloggers was very helpful. I, too, am trying to improve the habits of my family. I'm working on losing the weight I put on after I quit smoking. One healthy step at a time, I guess.

Anonymous March 9, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

Thanks so much for the link, Cathy.
I learn something new from your blog with each post

Felice Devine March 10, 2009 at 6:46 AM  

I will have to check out those blogs! I read Fake Food Free, too, and really enjoy it.

Lori March 10, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

You are welcome and congrats to those you passted it on too. Also, congrats on that listing! That's exciting when you get your blog out to more people. It definitely deserves to be on there.

Anonymous March 10, 2009 at 7:32 PM  

Congratulations and thank you so much for passing the honor onto me too! That's really sweet, I'm touched :)

fatfighter March 12, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

Congrats! ;)

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP